Are you a vlogger that is looking for the best Canon Vlogging cameras? As an experienced camera buyer, I have compiled a list of what I consider to be the top 5 Canon vlogging cameras.
Choosing a vlogging camera is tough. If you’re looking for one that’s high quality, but not too expensive, this article will help you out! We’ll be discussing the best options on the market and what makes them good for vlogging.
There are many different types of features that you should make sure your camera has before making your final decision. Here is my list of must-have features:
- A wide angle lens – this gives you more room in front and behind you so that there isn’t too much distortion when filming yourself
- High resolution – this can help with quality and clarity but keep in mind it will take up more space on your computer or phone’s storage
- A flip screen – this feature allows you to see yourself while vlogging
Why Choose Canon Cameras?
Canon have everything when it comes to cameras. Literally everything. From the smallest automatic to the largest, fanciest pro camera, Canon can provide it. They’ve been around practically since the inception of cameras, and they’re a powerhouse camera company that dominates the market. Canon lenses are a pro standard. So how do you, as a vlogger, navigate this complex arena to find the right Canon for your needs?
5 Best Canon Vlogging Cameras
Here’s some of our top Canon picks.
1. Canon EOS R
- Resolution: 30.3MP
- Lens: RF (EF and EF-S lenses can be attached using Mount Adapter EF-EOS R)
- Sensor type: 36 x 24 mm CMOS
- Max video resolution: 4K (16:9) 3840 x 2160 (29.97, 25, 24, 23.98 fps)
- LCD: (3.15″) Clear View LCD II, approx. 2.1 million dots
- Size/weight: 135.8 x 98.3 x 84.4mm, 580 g (including battery and kit lens)
The Canon EOS R is the first full frame mirrorless camera from Canon. It’s designed to be an all-in-one solution for photographers and videographers alike, with a powerful sensor that can capture high quality images in low light situations. You can also shoot video at 4K resolution with this device, which is perfect for vloggers who want to create professional videos without having to lug around heavy equipment.
With the RF lens mounting system, you can use your favorite Canon EF lenses on the EOS R without any adapters or modifications needed! This means you don’t have to worry about compatibility issues when using different lenses – it just works seamlessly.
2. Canon EOS M6
- Resolution: 32.5MP
- Lens: EF-M (EF and EF-S lenses compatible via Mount adapter EF-EOS M)
- Sensor type: 22.3 x 14.9mm CMOS
- Max video resolution: 4K 3840 x 2160 (29.97, 25 fps)
- LCD: 3-inch ClearView II Touchscreen LCD (TFT), 1.04 million dots
- Size/weight: 119.6 x 70.0 x 49.2 mm, 408g (including battery and kit lens)
The Canon EOS M6 Mark II is a great choice for any vlogger, as it can shoot uncropped 4K video while using the impressive Dual Pixel autofocus. It’s lightweight and easy to carry around with you everywhere, so it won’t slow down your day-to-day life. Plus, this mirrorless camera has a touchscreen interface that makes controlling settings on the fly super simple.
You’ll be able to capture stunning images in low light without having to worry about noise or grainy footage thanks to its ISO range of 100 – 25600 (expandable up to 51200). This camera also features Canon’s DIGIC 7 image processor which helps ensure smooth playback and quick response times when shooting stills or videos. And because it shoots 1080p Full HD at 60 frames per second, you’ll get silky-smooth footage every time!
- Resolution: 20.1MP
- Lens: 8.8 – 36.8 mm (35 mm equivalent: 24 – 100 mm)
- Sensor type: 1.0 type stacked CMOS
- Max video resolution: (4K) 3840 x 2160, 29.97 / 25fps
- LCD: 3-inch Tilt-up Touchscreen LCD (TFT), 1.04 million dots
- Size/weight: 105.5 x 60.9 x 41.4 mm, 304g (including battery and kit lens)
- Microphone input: 3.5mm stereo microphone jack
The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III is the perfect camera for vloggers and people who want to capture life in all its moments. It’s small, lightweight, and has a large sensor that captures stunning images with incredible detail.
You can take it anywhere you go without worrying about carrying around an extra bag or case. With 24-100mm (equivalent) f/1.8-2.8 lens. It’s also got 4K video recording capabilities so you can create stunning videos too! This camera is perfect for anyone who wants high quality videos without having to break the bank.
- Type: Mirrorless
- Resolution: 24.1MP
- Lens: Interchangeable lenses
- Sensor: APS-C
- Max video resolution: 4K 24fps
- LCD: 3-inch fully articulating LCD touchscreen, 1.04 million dots
- Viewfinder: OLED electronic viewfinder
- Size/weight: 116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7mm, 387g (including battery and kit lens)
- Microphone input: 3.5mm stereo microphone jack
The Canon EOS M50 II is the best camera for content creators on-the-go. It features a DSLR design with contemporary high end specs like Dual Pixel CMOS AF and DIGIC 8 processor, in a lightweight portable package. The 24 MP APS-C sensor does not disappoint either, delivering sharp images for any kind of photo or video shoot!
With this device, you can take stunning photos or videos anywhere – from concerts to family gatherings, vacations abroad or even just your daily commute! And thanks to its compact size, it’s easy to bring along on any adventure without sacrificing image quality or control over lighting conditions. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and start capturing life as it happens today!
- Resolution: 20.1MP
- Lens: 10.2 – 30.6 mm (35 mm equivalent: 28 – 84 mm)
- Sensor: 1.0 type back-illuminated CMOS
- Max video resolution: (Full HD) 1920 x 1080, 59.94 fps
- LCD: 3.0” Touchscreen LCD (TFT)
- Size/weight: 98.0 x 57.9 x 31.3 mm, Approx. 206 g (including battery and memory card)
The Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II is a compact, lightweight and powerful camera that delivers outstanding image quality. It’s the perfect companion for any vlogger who wants to take their videos to the next level. And it has Wi-Fi connectivity so you can share your photos and videos with friends and family in an instant!
This camera will help make your videos look more professional without breaking the bank. With its 1-inch sensor, this camera provides excellent low-light performance, high-resolution videos & images, and improved dynamic range over other cameras in its class. You won’t be disappointed by what this little powerhouse can do!
Remember the most important parts of a vlogging camera- a lens that will handle close ups without blurring or losing quality at arm’s length, special features like low light capability or waterproof casing depending on your vlog, the weight and feel of the camera in your hand, and the ease of use of the buttons. Good audio capabilities and image stabilisation are major pluses too, and will vastly improve the quality of your vlog.
Canon offers all types of cameras, so it’s also critical to spend a little time deciding which category you’re most interested in. Point and shoots are the simplest to operate, but if you like to indulge your creativity you’ll fast outgrow them. Compacts are even more limited in function. Mirrorless cameras bridge the gap between them and DSLR cameras, offering a lot of features including the ability to use a limited range of lenses.